SIR ALAN MEALE MP DELIVERS FESTIVE CHEER TO POSTAL WORKERS AT ROYAL MAIL’S MANSFIELD DELIVERY OFFICE
- Sir Alan Meale MP passed on Christmas greetings to postmen and women at the Mansfield Delivery Office
- Christmas is Royal Mail’s busiest time of the year. Sir Alan saw the hard work and dedication of local postal workers who sort and deliver festive mail
- The last recommended posting dates for Christmas are: Second Class – Saturday 19 December 2015, First Class- Monday 21 December 2015 and Special Delivery - Wednesday 23 December
Sir Alan Meale MP once again visited Royal Mail’s Mansfield Delivery Office to pass on Christmas wishes and encouragement to postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
Sir Alan was shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, Paul King, and introduced to the postmen and women who are working hard sorting and delivering mail in the Mansfield area during the Festive season.
Sir Alan Meale MP, said: “There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas at Royal Mail’s busiest time of year. It was great to meet the team here at Mansfield.
“Our postal workers do such an important job at this time of year and I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.”
Paul King, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Mansfield, commented: “Our postmen and women are working extremely hard to deliver Christmas cards, letters and parcels to people across Mansfield. We are grateful that Sir Alan visited the office to see our operation and to support the team.
“We’d like to remind our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings. We would also like to ask everyone to please always use the postcode as this helps us greatly in the job that we do at this busy time.”
The last recommend posting dates for Christmas are:
Second Class – Saturday 19 December 2015
First Class – Monday 21 December 2015
Special Delivery – Wednesday 23 December 2015
Customers can also help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
- For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 03457 740 740.